Belong is only available in the United States and the United Kingdom. Where would you like to go?
Fortnite Cup ruleset
A tournament participant is a player that is participating in a Fortnite Cup on the specified dates hosted by Belong. With their participation, the participant states that they understand and accept all rules, terms and conditions.
1.2 Player Eligibility
Players must be aged 13 years or older to play in any tournament.
Players must be aged 16 years or older to receive cash as a prize. Players thirteen to fifteen years-old (13-15) will be awarded gift cards instead.
1.3 Additional Eligibility
Players must use their personal Epic account. This account must be used for the entire tournament. Players must use accounts above level 15.
If a player’s personal account is suspended or banned for any reason during the tournament, they will not be eligible to play for the duration of the suspension/ban.
2 Tournament Format
2.1 Game Format
The Fortnite Arena Cup will run on the 01/04/2023
The tournament consists of a single date consisting of 6 rounds. Each round is a solos battle royale game against 100 other players in custom servers.
2.2 Score System
Standings will be based on the total score accumulated across all rounds.
Scores are based on placement and eliminations as shown below;
● Victory Royale: 30 Points
● 2nd: 25 Points
● 3rd : 22 Points
● 4th : 20 Points
● 5th : 19 Points
● 6th : 18 Points
● 7th : 17 Points
● 8th : 16 Points
● 9th : 15 Points
● 10th : 14 Points
● 11th – 15th : 12 Points
● 16th – 20th : 10 Points
● 21st – 25th : 8 Points
● 26th – 30th : 6 Points
● 31st – 35th : 5 Points
● 36th – 40th : 4 Points
● 41st – 50th : 3 Points
● 51st – 75th : 2 Points
● 76th – 100th : 1 Point
● Eliminations: 2 Points are earned for each elimination.
3 Game setups
3.1 Game procedure
Each player will login to their Epic and Discord accounts and wait at the lobby screen for the custom key.
The custom key will be provided for players in Discord and via Arena Admins, to enable them to join the server. Players will be informed when the server is live and given a 10 minute warning as to when the game will commence.
Once a game is completed the player will need to have an admin verify the score of the player before it is submitted.
There will be an hour break during the tournament, which will be communicated on the day.
Players are provided with a full setup of hardware and peripherals to use during the tournament.
Players have the option of using their own peripherals during each match. Player-owned equipment must be compatible with Belong-provided competition equipment. Belong is not responsible for ensuring Player-owned equipment is in working condition. Belong
reserves the right to inspect all Player-Owned equipment to ensure compliance with Tournament rules.
4 Bugs and Glitches
4.1 In game bugs
It is up to the tournament administration discretion whether the use of any bugs had an effect on the match, and what penalty they will incur. Players should report these to the representative as soon as possible.
Due to the use of a Custom server, players will be unable to reconnect if they experience any technical issues upon the start of the game.
To compensate, any players who disconnect on the launch of the server will be compensated with 6 points.
Any players attempting to abuse the compensation mechanic by deliberately disconnecting from the server will be disqualified from the tournament.
5 Title Specific Infractions
5.1 Use of Bugs and Glitches
A player found using a game mechanic that is classed as a bug or glitch will receive no points for that round.
Teams are to maintain a level of sportsmanship while competing, using bugs, glitches or exploits will not be tolerated in the tournament, regardless of whether they are “available to everyone”.
5.2 Failure to Start
Players must be ready to play at the start of the round.
If a round has not started 15 minutes after the scheduled start time due to a player or player not being in attendance and ready, that player will lose their right to participate in that round.
In the case of technical issues, players must contact an Admin who will help them resolve the issue. In the case of technical issues, the representative will decide and relay the decision to each player.
5.3 Not Adhering to Restrictions
If a player is found to be violating any restrictions outlined in the ruleset, the player/ team will forfeit the current game. The player will have to confirm they have rectified any infractions and are adhering to any restrictions before entering the next game. Repeated violations of the restrictions may result in a player/ team being disqualified from the tournament.
5.4 Harassing or Distracting Opponents
Any players found to be intentionally attempting to harass or distract any other player in the tournament to gain advantage will forfeit their current match. Repeated instances will lead to disqualification.
5.5 Inappropriate Profiles
Any players with any publicly accessible information that is deemed inappropriate will forfeit all games until the profile is deemed to be acceptable by an Admin.
In the event of extremely offensive content, the player will be immediately disqualified and banned from attending future Belong tournaments.
5.6 Unlisted Punishments
If an admin or player believes a rule has been broken and there is no assigned punishment for it, they must contact the representative as soon as possible with details and evidence. The representative will judge the case and assign a punishment if required.
5.7 Reporting Infractions
In the case of any behaviour that contradicts the above rules, the issue should be reported to the Arena Admin as soon as possible. The Arena Admin will refer to the ruleset to determine if an infraction has taken place and raise to the Tournament Admin if required.
The Tournament Admin has final say in all decisions.
Once a ruling has been communicated, players are required to continue with their games, unless explicitly told not to. Any players refusing to start games due to disagreement with an outcome will face a forfeit for the game in question.
Any rulings enacted by the Tournament Admin are final. If a player/ team repeatedly challenges any decisions and refuses to accept outcomes, Belong reserves the right to disqualify the team and withhold any prizes.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FORTNITE ARENA CUPS
1. ACCEPTANCE: By entering this tournament, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. You agree to abide by all rules set out in the respective ruleset for each tournament you participate in. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the tournament at www.belong.gg. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records. You agree for Belong to contact you via provided contact details regarding the tournament.
a. The minimum age to enter all tournaments is thirteen (13) and above, however some tournaments have higher age restrictions (see below). Anyone over the age of 18 can enter any Tournament.
i. Tournaments where the game(s) have a PEGI rating, require each participant to be a minimum of the appropriate age for that PEGI rating.
ii. The minimum age for a cash prize is sixteen (16) and above. However, some may have a higher PEGI rating than 16 that will apply.
iii. If a player is between the ages of thirteen to fifteen (13-15), Game vouchers will be substituted in place of a cash prize.
b. We may ask you for proof of age and we reserve the right to not allow participants to play or claim cash prizes who fail to provide such proof.
c. All participants must have an active GAME Reward Account for which the participant’s age, valid email address and location will have been registered so that we may contact any potential winners.
d. You are not eligible to enter this tournament if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse of life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME Retail Limited, any part of Frasers Group plc or any of their advertising or promotion agencies.
e. The details you provide upon registration for the tournament must match the details associated with your Reward Account.
f. You confirm that all the personal information you provide to GAME in connection with this tournament shall be complete and accurate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter the tournaments by visiting participating Belong arenas on the 1/04/2023 at the specified times.
4. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else or asked anyone to participate on your behalf.
5. INVALID ENTRIES: Any entry made or attempted to be made to the tournament in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the tournament. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating (including a person participating in the tournament on your behalf), hacking, deception (including tampering with the challenge settings which will result in immediate disqualification from the entire tournament), use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
6. REFUNDS: You are no longer eligible for a refund if a fixture your team was due to play has been given a result. Even if you or the team didn’t play or were disqualified for whatever reason.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners for the tournaments will be determined in accordance with the tournament rules. Our decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners of this tournament.
8. PRIZE: The prizes are awarded as follows:
Prizing will be a total of £1000 awarded to the top 10 players.
Prizes will be awarded as gift cards or cash based on players age as outlined in 2.a
We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Non-cash prizes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded to each winner. Team based prizes will be split evenly amongst the team unless all team members agree in writing to any other split.
9. OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the tournament, you agree that GAME (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the tournament, without any payment to you.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: We will notify the winners at the end of the tournament.
11. DELIVERY OF PRIZE: You will be contacted within 30 days via the email that you provided on the sign-up form to provide your bank details for any cash prizes. Physical prizes will be provided in store.
12. CANCELLATION: We reserve the right to cancel any tournament if the minimum entry requirements are not met. The minimum entry requirements are details on each tournament’s respective ruleset.
13. LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to BELONG ESPORTS Tournament, Game Retail Limited, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. By entering this tournament, you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
14. FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this tournament.
15. CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this tournament, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
17. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this tournament.
18. WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
a. losses not caused by our breach or negligence
b. indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this tournament
c. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
d. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
e. any failure to provide the tournament, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
19. LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that some prizes are provided by a third party not related to GAME. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this tournament or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure. Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
20. DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
21. DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This tournament is run by Game Retail Limited (“GAME”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ.