A ‘Halo Infinite Competitor’ is a player that is participating in the Halo Infinite Tournament. Any member of a Halo Infinite team is a participant of that team and is locked to it regardless of whether or not the person has played for the said team. With their participation, the participant states that they understand and accept all rules.
1.2 Player Eligibility
Each Halo Infinite team must consist of 4 members.
Players must be at least 16 years of age in order to be eligible to enter.
Players must use their own personal Microsoft account in order to compete.
1.3 Additional Eligibility
Players should use their personal Microsoft account with Halo Infinite activated on the account.
If a player’s account is suspended or banned for any reason during the tournament, they will not be eligible to play in the Halo Infinite Tournament for the duration of the suspension/ban.
Players with inappropriate usernames will be asked to submit another one if tournament organisers request so. If they cannot then they will be unable to enter the tournament.
2 Tournament Stages
All players will automatically qualify for the Tournament.
2.2 Group Stage
This tournament will take place on a single day and is it’s own entity separate from any other tournaments.
The tournament will be conducted in one of two ways dependant on the number of participants on the night, as detailed below.
If there are 9 or more teams the tournament will take place as a swiss bracket.
If there are 8 or fewer teams the tournament will take place as a single round robin bracket.
All fixtures will be played as best of 1 matches.
2.1.2 Swiss group
In a Swiss group teams will be matched against each other for each fixture based on their win to loss record, with teams of a similar record being matched against each other.
2.1.3 Round Robin
In a round Robin group all players will compete against each other in the same group over a number of rounds. Each round will see them matched against another player to form each fixture. Fixtures will be played until each player has played every other player to form a final score table.
In the event of a tie between teams with matching points at the end of the tournament the following determinations will be used in order:
- Teams head to head records
- The Teams Opponent's Match Win Percentage
- The Teams Game Win Percentage
- The Team's Opponents Opponent's Match Win Percentage
Opponent’s match-win percentage
A player’s match-win percentage is that player’s accumulated match points divided by the total match points possible in those rounds. If this number is lower than 0.33, use 0.33 instead. The minimum match-win percentage of 0.33 limits the effect low performances have when calculating and comparing opponents’ match-win percentage.
Similar to the match-win percentage, a player’s game-win percentage is the total number of game points he or she earned divided by the total game points possible (generally, 3 times the number of games played). Again, use 0.33 if the actual game-win percentage is lower than that.
3 Match Setup
The ranked variant of the slayer game mode will be used.
3.2 Map pool
For the Slayer game mode the following map pool is available.
- Live Fire
3.3 Map selection
To select maps the following procedure will be used, where the team on the left of the fixture on Battlefy is team A, and the team on the right of the fixture is Team B. Teams will use the fixture chat on Battlefy to communicate.
- Team A bans a map
- Team B bans a map
- Team A bans a map
- Team B picks from the remaining 2 maps to play
If teams mutually agree to switch who is team A and B this is fine providing the same procedure is followed.
3.5 Coinflip Clarification
The coinflip will determine which team wins or loses the flip based on team name in alphabetical order.
Heads: Team with alphabetical priority picks
Tails: Team without alphabetical priority picks.
Alphabetical priority is determined in the following way:
Team A has priority over teams B, C, D etc.
Team Aardvark has priority over team Angel (Aa vs An) etc.
It is the responsibility of the Arena admin for the team with the first alphabetical order to perform the coin flip and report the result to their corresponding opponents admin. Any disputes should be reported to the League Operator.
In the event a Slayer game ends in a tie the score on Battlefy for the fixture will be reported as a tie. This can be done in the specific fixture screen in the bottom left of the score reporting section.
4 Bugs and Glitches
It is up to the tournament administration discretion whether the use of any bugs had an effect on the match, and what penalty they will incur. Players should pause the game and report these to the Tournament Organiser as soon as possible.
Rehost rules are specified below, including the conditions in which they will be allowed:
- Any issue before the game starts (game, software or hardware related)
- Player can't move - rehost in the first 30 seconds of the game, if no players have taken damage
- Game mechanic not working as intended (shooting, reloading, abilities, etc) - rehost up to the first 30 seconds of the game, no damage taken by anyone
- Disconnect/hardware problem/software problem - rehost in the first 15 seconds of the game
Each team can receive up to 1 rehost per map maximum.
In case the above conditions are met, players should instantly request a rehost by writing in the in-game chat “rehost”, followed by the reason. Once confirmed, all players must leave the game.
If a match is interrupted then it should be continued where it left off, by re-host. If a round is to be replayed due to a rehost, players must choose the same heroes, same map, and same sides.
5 Infractions and Penalties
5.1 Failure to Attend
Penalty: Game Loss
Teams must be ready to play at the start of the round.
If a fixture has not started 10 mins after the scheduled start time due to a team or player not being in attendance on time, then their team will receive a Match Loss.
In the case of technical issues, teams must contact an Admin who will help them resolve the issue.
If the issue cannot be resolved within 20 minutes of the round start time, the team that is unable to play the match will receive a game loss. They must inform an Admin prior to the start of the next round if they have resolved the technical issue. If they do not inform an Admin they will be dropped from the tournament.
5.2 Use of Bugs and Glitches
Penalty: Game Loss
Using a game mechanic that is classed as a bug or glitch will lead to instant game loss to the team that uses it.
Penalty: Game Loss
Giving an invalid reason for a rehost, or leaving the match before having approval to do so will lead to instant game loss to the team that uses it.
5.4 Unlisted Penalties
If an admin or player believes a rule has been broken and there is no assigned penalty for it, they must contact the representative as soon as possible with details and evidence. The representative will judge the case and assign a penalty if required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE HALO INFINITE COMMUNITY NIGHT TOURNAMENT
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. You agree to abide by all rules set out in the respective ruleset for each tournament you participate in. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at www.belong.gg. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records. You agree for Belong to contact you via provided contact details regarding the tournament.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must be of the appropriate age for the game(s) you are signing up to play, based on the PEGI rating of the game, or any age restrictions we have determined in our sole discretion where a game is not PEGI rated. We may ask you for proof of age and disqualify you from participation in the tournament if you are unable to provide such proof. The minimum age to enter any other tournament is 13+ unless the game is rated 18+ or we deem it to be rated 18+ in which case you must be 18 to enter. You must have an active GAME Reward account in which you have registered your age, valid email address, and location so we can contact you if you are a winner. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME Retail Limited or any of part of FRASERS GROUP or any of their advertising or promotion agencies. The details you provide upon registration for the competition must match the details associated with your Reward Account. You promise that all the personal information you provide to GAME in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter any the tournament by visiting participating Belong arenas on Friday the 24th of June.
- You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else or asked anyone to participate on your behalf.
- INVALID ENTRIES: Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating (including a person participating in the competition on your behalf), hacking, deception (including tampering with the challenge settings which will result in immediate disqualification from the entire competition), use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
- REFUNDS: You are no longer eligible for a refund if a fixture your team was due to play has been given a result. Even if you or the team didn’t play or were disqualified for whatever reason.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners for the tournaments will be determined in accordance with the tournament rules. Our decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners of this competition.
- PRIZE: The prizes for the tournaments will be awarded as follows:
- Prizing will be a total of £400 in cash awarded to the top 3 TEAMS as follows;
- First place £180
- Second place £140
- Third place £80
- The amounts listed are the total per TEAM and not per player.
- We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Non-cash prizes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded to each winner. Team based prizes will be split evenly amongst the team unless all team members agree in writing to any other split.
- OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the competition, you agree that GAME (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the competition, without any payment to you.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: We will notify the winners at the end of the tournament.
- DELIVERY OF PRIZE: You will be contacted within 30 days via the email that you provided on the sign-up form to provide your bank details for any cash prizes. Physical prizes will be provided in store.
- CANCELLATION: We reserve the right to cancel any tournament if the minimum entry requirements are not met. The minimum entry requirements are details on each tournament’s respective ruleset.
- LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to BELONG ESPORTS Tournament, Game Retail Limited, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. By entering this competition, you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
- FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
- CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
- WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence
- indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this competition
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
- any failure to provide the competition, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that some prizes are provided by a third party not related to GAME. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure. Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
- DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
- DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This competition is run by Game Retail Limited (“GAME”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ.