TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE FIFA ARENA CUP TOURNAMENT
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at belong.gg/fifa-21-arena-cup-tcs/. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
- ELIGIBILITY: You may enter this competition if you are resident in the UK and 16 years old or older. You must have an active GAME Reward account in which you have registered your age, valid email address, and location so we can contact you if you are a winner. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME Retail Limited or any of FRASERS GROUP.. The details you provide upon registration for the competition must match the details associated with your Reward Account. You promise that all the personal information you provide to GAME in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate. You may be asked to verify your age to enter the tournament please be ready to potentially provide identification to confirm your date of birth.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter by signup up for either the PS4 or Xbox One qualifier tournament by signing up on the BATTLEFY tournament platform. The FREE FIFA Arena Cup Qualifiers will take place online on 25th January 2021 (inclusive) 6-10pm GMT to be held on PS4 and Xbox One. The tournaments will be held between all players that attend the qualifiers. The top 24 players from each tournament will be invited to progress to the prize stage of the tournaments on each platform.
If you qualify for a spot in either tournament then you will be asked to fill in a roster form which will include providing contact detail to enable us to administer the tournament and provide prizing at it’s conclusion.
The prize stage of the tournaments will be held on between 6pm and 10pm on:
- Monday 1st Feb 2021
- Monday 8th Feb 2021
- Monday 15th Feb 2021
- Monday 22nd Feb 2021
The GRAND FINAL between the top four teams (as per the placements in the tournament rules) will be held between 6pm and 10pm on:
You must be available for the entire period during which matches are held on these dates to participate. The tournament will be held in accordance with our tournament rules. By entering the qualifiers, you agree to the tournament rules, rules are available at https://www.belong.gg/tournaments/arena-cups/fifa21/
- You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else or asked anyone to participate on your behalf.
- ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP: Once you have qualified you must submit either a PSN Username or Xbox Gamertag to the roster form depending on the tournament you have entered. You must own this account and cannot borrow it. We reserved the right to challenge any player to provide evidence that they own the account and may forfeit the player if they cannot provide sufficient evidence.
- INVALID ENTRIES: Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include breach of the tournament rules, fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating (including a person participating in the competition on your behalf), hacking, deception (including tampering with the challenge settings which will result in immediate disqualification from the entire competition), use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners for each of the Arena Cup tournament will be determined in accordance with the tournament rules.
FIFA prizes for each tournament are paid in FIFA Points usable on the same platform they are competing in and allocated as follows:
In additional players will also receive the following denominations of Sports Direct Voucher Codes if they finish in the corresponding position as follows:
Players must attend all scheduled match nights to receive their prize.
We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Non-cash prizes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded to each winner. FIFA points for a different platform than you are competing in cannot be requested.
- OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the competition, you agree that GAME (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the competition, without any payment to you.
- DELIVERY OF PRIZE: FIFA point prizes will be distributed via the emails provided in the roster form. Prizes may take up to 30 days to be delivered.
- LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to FIFA ARENA CUP Tournament, Game Retail Limited, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. If you are a winner, we will disclose your last name and the county you live in to anyone who requests this information, unless you notify us when you claim your prize that you do not want us to disclose this information.
- FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
- CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
- CANCELLATION: We reserve the right to cancel the competition for any reason, however we will use our reasonable efforts to compensate players in the fairest and most equitable way possible (subject always to clause 17 below).
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
- WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence
- indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this competition
- lost travel expenses
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage, or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
- any failure to provide the competition, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that some prizes are provided by a third party not related to We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure. Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
- DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
- DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This competition is run by Game Retail Limited (“GAME”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ.